Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What sites offer Bridge Program courses?


Q: What language courses are taught at partner schools for each university? SEE LIST OF COURSES


Q: Who can enroll in the Bridge Program? 

At high schools designated by each district as Bridge Program sites, students must pass AP Language and Culture test with a score of 3 or higher.

The Bridge Program is a partnership between high schools and all of Utah’s public institutions of higher education.  Credit from Bridge Courses will be accepted by all universities towards a minor/ major in the language of study.

Q: What options exist in Utah for postsecondary language study continuing after the Bridge Program?

Universities are continually working on innovative language and career pathways in anticipation of our state’s DLI/Bridge Students arriving on their campuses. This chart represents current programs and projected new programs. This chart will be updated as information develops.

Download the Major/Minor Degree Options


Concurrent Enrollment is an academic program involving high school and college collaboration that allows qualified students to earn college credit by taking college courses taught at their high school. 2. Who is el

Students must be in 11th or 12th grade, 10th graders may enroll in specifically designated classes.  To qualify to take general education courses, students must have a 3.0 GPA (2.0 GPA for CTE courses) and maintain upperlevel academic standing (earning an A or B from the CE class) and have good attendance.  Students must comply with special course qualifications (ACT scores and/or course pre-requisites).

Course offerings vary from school to school and depend on faculty qualifications. If a CE class isn’t taught at your high school, you may be able to magnet to a neighboring high school to take the course. Talk with your counselor or CTE coordinator about taking a class at another high school.

Concurrent Enrollment classes are rigorous college-level courses. These classes use college textbooks, follow a college syllabus, and cover more material at a faster rate and at a more in-depth level than regular high school courses. CE courses use assessment instruments (tests) as specified by the sponsoring college departments.

All Concurrent Enrollment courses must lead to a certificate or degree program either fulfilling general education requirements or are elective courses that are listed as designated electives in a degree program at the sponsoring university. 

You must be admitted to the college/university offering the concurrent class. We recommend that admission be completed prior to actually beginning the class (during the summer). This involves paying a one-time admission fee. Once you are admitted, you are eligible to register for the class. A tuition charge per credit hour will be charged at time the student registers. This two-step process of admission and registration MUST be completed prior to the college/university CE deadline (usually during the first two weeks of class)—NO exceptions. 

General Education CE classes are appropriate for all qualified students. Designated elective and CTE classes are appropriate for those students planning to seek a degree in that field. 

State code limits the number of concurrent enrollment credits earned during one school year to 30. Overloading your schedule with demanding CE classes is not advised.

In the state of Utah, there is a $5 per credit hour tuition charge for CE classes (a 3-credit CE class would cost $15). The tuition charge is in addition to the one-time application fee to the sponsoring institution. Students may be required to purchase a textbook or other related materials.

All CE grades are posted to an official college transcript and a college GPA is established. This transcript becomes part of a student’s permanent college record. College grades are also posted on the high school transcript and will affect the high school GPA.

Concurrent Enrollment credit is transferable to all in-state public institutions and to private and out-of-state institutions on a case-by-case basis. Check with your institution of choice to see how your CE credit will align with their degree programs. Visit for details. To transfer concurrent credit to another university, you must initiate that process by contacting the registrar’s office of the university where you earned the credit and request a transcript.

    • CE offers college credit to those students who sign up. A $5 per credit tuition fee is charged. Students receive a grade and credit on both their high school and college transcripts.
    • AP requires that a student pass the AP Exam to earn college credit. The amount of credit awarded is dependent upon the student’s score and the college or university requirement. A fee is charged to take the exam.
    • IB provides courses in a variety of subjects tied to the international curriculum. IB requires that a student pass the IB exam to earn college credit. The amount of credit awarded is dependent upon the student’s score and the college or university acceptance requirement. A fee is charged to take the exam.
    • EC students pay tuition and fees to the institution they attend and must provide their own transportation to the university campus. Credit is posted to a college transcript. Students may request that credit be posted to their high school transcript. 

 Yes, some students can earn an associate degree by earning AP, CE and Early College credit. Your high school counselor will work closely with you to chart a sequence of courses. Planning should begin in 9 th grade

 Weber State University offers the EDGE Scholarship to any student who has earned 12 concurrent credits and has maintained a 3.0 GPA on their college transcript. This half tuition scholarship is for two semesters for full-time students (must register for a minimum of 12 credits at WSU). For more information, visit

 Eligible students must complete the requirements of an associate degree or its equivalent at a state institution of higher education by high school graduation. Application must be made at least a year in advance. Scholarship details can be found on the web at

Concurrent classes must have prior-approval to qualify for the scholarship. Not all CE classes are acceptable. Tell your counselor that you are working towards this scholarship to be sure your CE classes will be accepted. 





Last Updated: 10/26/23