Three Pathways to Bridge Program Enrollment
Elementary Start Language
Secondary Start Language
Home & Heritage Language foundation
The Bridge Program offers an advanced language pathway for high school students who have passed the Advanced Placement (AP) Language and Culture Exam, "bridging" the gap between completion of the exam and higher education.
Students begin upper division university language course work in the high school setting, where each 3-credit college course extends over a full academic year of high school. This rigorous and supportive environment establishes a university and career pathway in two languages, and seeks to promote access to bilingual, biliterate, and bicultural citizenship in Utah.
Bridge Program Goals
1. Advanced Language Proficiency: Click HERE for K-12 Proficiency Targets.
2. Advanced Cultural Competencies:
- Promoting bilingual, multicultural citizenship
- Promoting opportunitiies for native and heritage language student to maintain and build language skills
3. University Pathway: college & career readiness. For supports, please link to Utah System of Higher Education (USHE)
"Step Up to Higher Education.” Click HERE for Utah Scholars Checklist for college readiness.