NEW BRIDGE STUDENTS (Preparing to take your 1st Bridge Course)
Starting 2019, the University of Utah requires that all incoming Bridge Program students submit an OFFICIAL AP SCORE to the University as proof of meeting the prerequisite for enrollment. (Please note, the University of Utah does not accept AP score reports via the Common Application.)
Sending an Official AP Language and Culture Score to the University of Utah
- You may have requested your score to have your score sent to the University of Utah for free on the day of your AP exam. If so, you are set!
- If you did NOT send your AP score to the University of Utah on AP exam day, you must complete the following:
- Log in to your College Board account to view and send your AP scores. Go to: https://apscore.collegeboard.org/scores/score-reporting/
- On the first page after you log in, click on the “Send Scores to Colleges Now” button to get started.
- The fee for standard delivery of score reports ordered online is $15 per report. Standard delivery takes approximately 7-14 business days. For this reason, send your AP score by mid-July.
ALL BRIDGE STUDENTS (New and Returning)
You are registered for the 2019-20 Bridge Course only after you complete:
- New Bridge Student Prerequisite (Official AP Score sent to the University of Utah)
- Step 1: Enrollment
- Step 2: Course Registration & Payment
Before you begin, make sure you have the following:
- If the student is a U.S. citizen you will need to have your SSN (Social Security Number).
- If you do not have a social security number, you will select “International” and indicate one of the following:
1. International Student - if selected, it will show required fields for Country of Origin and Current VISA Type.
2. Permanent Resident - if selected it will show required fields for SSN or Alien Registration Number.
3. Undocumented – no documentation is required. Undocumented students are supported to enroll in Concurrent Enrollment, including Bridge Program classes, and to attend college in Utah according to state code 53B-8-106.
4. S. Non-Citizen National - American Samoa - if selected it will show a required field for SSN.
5. Refugee/Asylee - if selected it will show a required field for Alien Registration Number.
- Student Email and Parent/Guardian Email: you and your parent/guardian will be sent a validation code and enrollment confirmation to the email you enter. Make sure you check these emails for notifications.
- Credit card: to pay $15 tuition for Registration.
- Complete all required fields for University of Utah Enrollment.
- After you complete the University of Utah Enrollment, you will be directed to the Utah State Higher Education (USHE) Enrollment.
- View the 9-min. Video: The Concurrent Enrollment Participation Overview Video.
- Complete the USHE Enrollment Form.
- Go back to the Bridge Program Enrollment/Registration site: https://l2trec.utah.edu/bridge-program/uuregistration2019/index.php.
Complete Step 2: COURSE REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
You are not registered for the 2019-20 Bridge Course until you complete both the University of Utah enrollment andCourse Registration/Payment Steps.
- CLICK on “STEP 2: Course Registration & Payment”
- CLICK on your high school
- CLICK on your LANGUAGE/COURSE
- PAY your $15 tuition for 3 college credits
- You will receive a confirmation email once you have successfully completed your Course Registration & Payment.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your “junk” mail folder. If you still do not see it, contact L2TReC at: L2TReC@utah.edu
DROPPING OR WITHDRAWING FROM A COURSE
The following forms need to be filled out in the event that you need to drop the Bridge Program course from your university schedule or withdraw from the course. Keep in mind that the University has strict deadlines fro dropping or withdrawing from courses.