L2TREC TITLE VI NATIONAL FOREIGN LANGUAGE RESOURCE CENTER
ORGANIZE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR LANGUAGE EDUCATORS TO PROMOTE MODELS AND PRACTICES GROUNDED IN AN ARTICULATED VISION OF K-16 LANGUAGE LEARNING.
- L2TReC will supplement its current professional development offerings with events
for language educators that promote models and practices grounded in an articulated
vision of K-16 language learning. All workshops will be open to local and out of state
participants. Planned events:
- Professional development opportunities for native speakers of Nepali, Tongan and Samoan.
- Train high school and college instructors to develop series of activities that follow the Foreign Languages and the Literary in the Everyday (FLLITE—Years 1, 3) and the Project-Based Learning (PBLL—Years 2, 4) models through a combination of webinars and in-person summer workshops.
- Workshops for K-9 teachers on the pedagogical uses of the MuSSeL corpus.
- Summer workshops for K12 instructors of Chinese, French and Spanish.
TARGET LANGUAGE WORKSHOPS
- Some of these trainings will be conducted in the target languages, a practice largely unique to the Utah K-12 teacher professional development programs. Contact L2TReC@utah.edu for registration information.